Sunday 28 August 2016

Places That Inspire Me Where I Live

Living in Cornwall had been a dream of mine since I was 15 and I arrived for the first time on the Great Western Railway train, I knew Cornwall would be my home one day and that one day happened 3 years ago and I haven't looked back.

Best decision ever made.

Being an artist and aspiring writer I knew I had my pick of places that were not short of inspiration, my first year here I volunteered at an art gallery in Penzance which inspired me to start writing again and gave my writing a twisted edge thanks to the exhibition that was being shown at that time.

There are so many beaches and coastal paths that are so idyllic that you feel like you're walking through a scene of a movie or best selling novel. There was for me so much I was able to draw inspiration from and I do have a few favourites.

Levant

I walk down here a lot mainly because it's 5 minutes from my flat. From spring when it's clear this is my favourite spot to watch the sunset, they're never disappointing. I only take my phone down with me so I when I get ideas or I have something I want to write I use the voice recorder on my phone. Oh the looks I've had from people.




Marazion

I walk from Penzance to Marazion a lot it's a beautiful coastal walk along the waterfront, even with the beach packed you can definitely zone out and just look towards the Mount and your mind is at a place which is the perfect breeding ground for ideas to be created. For me anyway.


Pendeen Lighthouse

When you actually pass the lighthouse there are such beautiful cliffs you walk along and looking down into the ocean is so peaceful, I love looking into the sea I draw some much from it. I believe I should have been a mermaid or at least a shark. The coast around where I'm blessed enough to wake up next to is extremely beautiful everywhere I go it inspires me.


I wonder what places where you live gives you inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment