Thursday 15 December 2016

12 Days of Blogmas - Day Four - My Letter to Santa

Dear Santa Claus,

                 I am too old to do this I know but it's Christmas and hopefully a letter that hasn't got 'I've been good this year,' and 'I want this, this and that,' included might make a nice change.

A part of me would always love to believe someone like you exist, I believed in you once for so many years and now as a mother I will believe in you again. I wasn't angry when I found out, it was really obvious, we never had a chimney but it was ok. I don't know why it wasn't a big deal when I learned that the figure I believed in for so many years, a big red jolly entity that created so much joy and happiness was no longer real. As an adult now I would like to believe that someone like you existed to retain just a little bit of my childhood purity.

I have two little girls with my partner Nick, who sent you a letter on his behalf to you a few years ago, I hope you liked it, he liked your reply. Anyway back to the little ones I hope that they will believe in you as much as I did and I would love for them to never lose that belief.

I remember asking for fairy wings for Christmas one year and I remember giving my mum a list of items that were carefully mass picked from the Argos catalogue, this happened every year, all I wanted was presents I would forget about mid-February if lucky. Now there are some things I do want but they'd last all year and many years after. Now I'm a grown up I feel like the presents are not so important anymore, don't get me wrong I love me some presents but for myself and my family there are some gifts I would love.

So because I feel like I want you to exist I will include a list of gifts I'd like from you because I believe in magic in this world.
  1. Good health for myself, Nick, Mia and Robyn. My family.
  2. A solid roof over our heads.
  3. Warmth
  4. Food in our belly's
  5. Happiness
  6. Strength to get through the hard times.
  7. A couple of Terry's Chocolate Oranges (you know because I have been good this year)
So that's what I want for Christmas whether I get them from you all at once or slowly throughout my life I would be happy. The chocolate I would prefer for breakfast Christmas morning. 

I can't wait to see you come to life in my daughters eyes, I can't wait to be told great tales they'd tell Nick and I about you, that would be no.8 on my list please for our children, our beautiful baby girls to grow up and believe in the magic of Christmas, to be believe in you for as many years possible because they deserve to, all children deserve to believe, to feel the magic of Christmas, I did and I'm thankful I got that chance for as long as I had it for. So thank you Santa Claus.

The name on the undecided list

Zoe :)


1 comment:

  1. Love it, i remember the Argos catalogues well haha and the Angel wings, you went to bed with them on :-) x

    ReplyDelete