Saturday 24 December 2016

Christmas Tag - Christmas Eve

I've failed blogmas but it's ok because I have been consumed by Christmas, my mum travelled down Wednesday to spend Christmas with us and yesterday I did a little bit of last minute shopping. So I don't feel bad about failing Christmas, but I couldn't not post before Christmas day so I have found a Christmas Tag that I will do today.


One last thing, I truly wish everyone a Merry Christmas, I hope your day is full of Christmas joy and cheer and your bellies full of Turkey and chocolate. X

Let's go...

1. What's your favourite Christmas film?

The Grinch. Christmas wouldn't be Christmas if I wasn't able to watch this film. I love it so much, it's the first Christmas film I have ever watched in the cinema and actually the only Christmas film I have seen in the cinema, it was pure magic and every year that is relived when I watch this. 


2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?

I lived in Essex growing up and we always had snow around January, beginning of March time which is totally weird but that was the normal thing we expected but I recall a White Christmas when I was younger, really young like I can only see little scenes, I can remember the crunch of the snow and I was really small. This could've been a dream for all I know. haha.


3. Where do you usually spend Christmas?

Since Nick and I moved into our own home, Christmas has been spent at home. Before then I spent my first Christmas with Nick at his mum and dads and before then with my mum in Essex before I moved.


4. What's your favourite Christmas song?

This question can't surely be one answered correctly. I have a top five though haha. You can't beat a bit of Mariah Carey with All I Want For Christmas, Shakin' Stevens Merry Christmas is a classic. I love love love The Pogues and Kirsty McColl Fairytale of New York is one I listen to and imagine myself walking through New York as it snows. I have a soft spot of a bit of the Biebs at Christmas with Mistletoe. Lastly Faith Hills Where Are You Christmas is beautiful and I secretly imagine myself belting that out.


5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?

Nope, Never have done that, I didn't even think that was a things, I've noticed a load of parents doing to now on Facebook with their children. Personally I don't like it but if you do it with your children that's cool. 


6. Can you name all of Santas reindeer? 

Rudolph, Comet, Vixen, Dancer, Prancer, Donner, Blitzen, Cupid, Dasher. I may have cheated haha and I may have wrote out Donner first as Dinner and got real hungry I was distracted.


7. What holiday traditions are you most looking forward to this year?

I think it's just the entire day of Christmas day, it's never really changed which makes me happy. We wake, we open presents, breakfast then start Christmas dinner, eat drink and generally be merry. I think we'll have more traditions once the girls are older as they're technically still babies. 


8. Is your Christmas tree, real or fake?

It's fake, I couldn't deal with a fake tree, they're not symmetrical and I wouldn't be able to decorate it properly and that makes me very anxious, and whats the deal with the bottom being all bushy and the top skinny. To me it doesn't look healthy.


9. What is your all-time favourite food/sweet treat?

For a sweet treat I love all the chocolate it's the only time of year where it's acceptable to eat like the turkey you've just cooked. In food sense everything that is on my dinner plate for Christmas dinner. I could live on stuffing if it was nutritional enough to live on.


10. Be honest: Do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?

I love to watch people open their presents from me, especially if they've told me not to get them any thing and they're generally surprised or if you've found something you know they would really love. But there's something about not knowing what you're going to get and the excitement and just pure happiness that comes from it all is amazing. I love it. 


11. What is the best Christmas gift you've ever received?

I don't know, I don't even think I've had a gift I didn't like. I love Christmas and what ever I receive I love and am truly grateful, I'm just happy and lucky to be able to get something, especially when there are people who get nothing. Christmas isn't a time to be petty and selfish over gifts.


12. What would your dream place to visit for the holiday season?

There's two, New York which I think is an obvious one but only if it snows, I couldn't do a New York Christmas without snow, I'm sorry it would be wrong. Second place would be Iceland at Christmas, stay in a cabin with an open fire and to see the northern lights and be surrounded by snow, that would be my dream Christmas.


13. Are you a Pro-Present wrapper or do you fail miserably?

I love wrapping presents and I never fail. Hahaha


14. Most memorable holiday moment?

Would have to be realising I was pregnant with my first child, Nick and I couldn't get into a shop for a pregnancy test but we just knew and when I went to the doctors the day after Boxing Day it turned out I was pregnant. All my Christmases have been pretty great to be honest.


15. What made you realise the truth about Santa?

I think I was nine or ten and I had wrote a letter to Santa and left it for him Christmas Eve, there was a reply Christmas morning and I recognised the hand writing from my mums completed cross word puzzles. I was fine with it I think. 


16. Do you make New Years Resolutions? Do you stick to them?

I used to and no I never did, I usually forget about them by January 2nd. Haha. I've grown up now and chose to never wait for the New Year and Mondays, just start and do it.


17. What makes the holidays special to you?

Spending time with family, just be together is what it's really all about. I love the food and the presents are a bonus but it really is all about my childrens faces, seeing the family members that actually matter, spending quality time with those you love and appreciate. 


Have a wonderful Christmas




No comments:

Post a Comment